Amid rumors that iPhone 5 is due to arrive this September, it has been reported by Digitimes that Apple has placed order for 15 million iPhone handsets to Pegatron.
Pegatron, was initially a subsidiary of ASUS and it was spun off 2010. Reportedly it has won quite a few contracts for manufacturing iPhone in the past few months. Now the latest order of 15 million handsets will no doubt be a further boost to this manufacturer.
As regards iPhone 5, its overall look is expected to be similar to iPhone 4. So it might actually be iPone 4S named as iPhone 5. The phone will obviously run iOS 5.
Currently Pegatron has not confirmed the news regarding the order from Apple. We will however, keep our ears and eyes open for more details on this account.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksSeptember 18, 2011September 28, 2011July 20, 2011June 8, 2011August 30, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S