Google+, which has only been launched for 2 weeks, has reached heights of popularity. The insane demand for invites initially forced Google+ to suspend its invitations temporarily. Its servers also could not pick the load created by such a huge user base. Now according to Ancestory.com Google+ users have already reached the figure of 12 M.
Paul Allen, founder of Ancestory.com compared a sample of surnames registered with Google+ with the population data of the U.S. Census Bureau and later also added international users to his estimate.
He has posted on his Google+ account, “I project that Google will easily pass 10 million users tomorrow and could reach 20 million user by this coming weekend if they keep the Invite Button available.”
Google has not shared any information regarding the exact number of its registered users for Google+ but if Paul Allen’s estimate is even roughly accurate, then Google+ might very well be the fastest growing product in the history of web.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksSeptember 14, 2011August 17, 2011June 8, 2011September 28, 2011October 5, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S