Finally Mac OS X Lion version 10.7 has arrived and you can now download it for a price of $29.99 form the App store.
Learn about the exciting new features that the Lion brings:
- Fluid and realistic animations make gestures feel natural and direct.
- Tap or pinch to zoom in on text and images.
- Swipe left or right to move from one page to another in an app or switch from one full-screen app to another.
- Swipe up to enter Mission Control.
- Pinch to access Launchpad.
- A new full-screen button takes an app window full screen.
- Run multiple full-screen apps at the same time.
- Switch between full-screen apps and your desktop with a gesture.
- Apps stay full screen when you switch to another app.
- OS X Lion includes full-screen Mail, Safari, Preview, iCal, FaceTime, Dashboard, Screen Sharing, and Photo Booth.
- Brings together Exposé, full-screen apps, Dashboard, and desktop spaces.
- Gives you a bird’s-eye view of everything running on your Mac, allowing you to navigate anywhere with a click.
- Exposé view shows all open windows on your desktop grouped by application.
- Create and organize desktop spaces in Mission Control.
- A new home for all the apps on your Mac.
- Apps downloaded from the Mac App Store automatically appear in Launchpad.
- Launchpad automatically adds pages to accommodate all your apps.
- Apps can be organized on multiple pages and grouped in folders.
- The widescreen layout displays the message list and selected email side by side in full-height columns.
- The favorites bar gives you one-click access to your favorite mail folders.
- Search suggestions dynamically present the best matches for your search.
- Search tokens help refine search results based on people, subjects, mailboxes, dates, and attachments.
- Conversations automatically groups related messages, displaying them in chronological order and hiding repetitive quoted text.
Other great Lion features
- Auto Save automatically saves your changes as you go, so you never have to worry about losing your work.
- Versions keeps a history of your document as you work and presents it in a timeline you can browse.
- Resume reopens an app exactly as you left it.
- AirDrop is the simplest way to send files to anyone around you, wirelessly — no setup or special settings required.
- Reading List in Safari lets you easily save web pages to read or browse later.
To purchase Mac OS X Lion head over to the Mac App Store.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksOctober 10, 2011August 30, 2011October 17, 2011September 21, 2011August 12, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S