After creating much hype and media attention, managing to get over 10 million users in a short span of time, Google+ seems to be losing steam. The initial period of fast growth is now being replaced by a slump in growth. According to figures by from Experian Hitwise, not only has Google+ traffic reduced but users are also spending less time on the site now.
The data is based on U.S. figures only. Total number of visits to Google+ declined about 3% to 1.79 million the week ending July 23 compared to the week. In the previous week the site had received 1.86 million visits. Average time spent on the site also went down 10%, from 5 minutes, 50 seconds to 5 minutes, 15 seconds.
Looks like the intial publicity that Google+ received and the craze for getting invites that followed after their temporary, is now slowly subsiding. After the first 3 weeks of excitement of exploring Circles, Huddle etc. people are not really finding much attraction in spending too much time on Google+. In addition the Google+ policy of account suspension also managed to offend many.
So lets us wait and see whether this fall in traffic is a temporary phase and Google+ still has many loyal followers or it was just an initial bubble which has burst now.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksAugust 30, 2011August 12, 2011October 6, 2011November 2, 2011June 1, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S