Google has released the updated version 2.3.5 of Gmail for Android phones which includes some great features. One such feature is that it allows you to choose a particular sender so that you get a notification on your phone only if the labeled contact sends you an email. This saves you from a lot of unnecessary notifications.
Similarly if you have subscribed to some groups etc, you can also opt for not receiving those emails on your Android phone and check them later at home on your PC.
Another improvement of this updated version is the “Show Picture” button which allows users to view photos sent in an email.
The updated version can be purchased from the Android Market. However, the app is also reported to have some compatibility with issues like third party apps like uunread mail.count widgets, E-mail Notifier by mapeapps, GmailRinger by Wing.jp etc.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksOctober 1, 2011September 9, 2011June 8, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S