Facebook has introduced a new feature that shows your old status updates from way back in 2009 and 2010. You can now find a small box in the right hand column above the advertising. It will either have the title of On This Day in 2010″ or “On This Day in 2009.” The box appears while browsing a photo album.
There is another button “Show More” that will bring more status updates in case you posted more than one update on a particular day.
According to Mashable Facebook introduced this new feature on 11th August without much commotion to a limited number of users. However, it gradually was rolled out to a larger group on the 12th.
It is indeed a good way of reminding you of your old memories. Something we all probably would cherish. What we need to see is whether such small incremental features would help Facebook maintain an edge over Google+.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S