Remember we had earlier reported about Google’s new photo sharing app Photovine. The idea is to share photos around a basic idea or theme called “vine.” The term Photovine thus means a cluster of photos around a single, shared caption. Users can add their photo to someone else’s vine or even start one of their own.
The app was initially available through invitation only. “We’re very excited about Photovine and can’t wait for you to join us! Thanks again for signing up and for your patience while we distribute invites.”
Now the app is available for all users.
“Invite system replaced with open signup – everyone can join Photovine now!”
Currently popular vines include ‘At My Bedside’, ‘City View’ and ‘It’s About Time’. Further new vines will ‘grow’ as users create their own photo-based themes.
What’s New in Version 1.3
- Invite system replaced with open signup – everyone can join Photovine now!
- Crash fix for posting a photo when the feed has a timeline break
- If user adds a note to a post, include that note as the first comment
Users, who had already downloaded the app, can get an update from the App Store.
For others the app is available for download for free.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksJuly 29, 2011September 9, 2011October 10, 2011July 31, 2011August 16, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S