Apple has released its Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 update Build number 11C40 along with iCloud beta 8 for developers. This is the second update that has been seeded by Apple. A few days back OS X Lion 10.7.1 was released, which included fixes to bring stability and compatibility. In addition it was meant to resolve issues of WiFi reliability, audio issue in HDMI connectivity and playing videos in Safari browser.
This new update has been purely released by Apple for testing of iCloud as given in the release note:
“This pre-release version of OS X Lion 10.7.2 is being provided solely for testing iCloud and updates the public release of OS X Lion and any earlier seed of OS X Lion 10.7.2. If you installed a previous seed of OS X Lion 10.7.2, please run the included reversioner package followed by the OS X Lion 10.7.2 update without restarting your system. You should restart your system after installing the OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update.”
Users first need to install iCloud beta 8 before they are able to enable iCloud support to OS X Lion. The beta 8 will get rid of all references to MobileMe which is being replaced by iCloud.
In addition Apple has released Safari 5.1.1 for developers, which will allow syncing of Bookmarks and Reading List with iCloud.
- Download Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C40) reversioner update
- Download iCloud Beta 8 for Windows
- Download Safari 5.1.1 Update 2 for Windows
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksOctober 4, 2011July 31, 2011August 21, 2011October 7, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S