Over a week ago HP announced discontinuation of WebOS and the tablet that runs the WeOS i.e. HP TouchPad. The TouchPad though launched with much fanfare could not capture the market as expected and its sales remained quite dismal. Following the decision to stop the production of TouchPad, the price of this 9.7-inch tablet price was brought down to $99 only. This led to fire sales where users simply rushed to buy this gadget at literally throwaway price.
Now this episode has taken a new turn where the customers are simply dying to get more and HP’s stock has apparently become exhausted. Keeping in view the huge demand from consumers, HP has decided to produce one last lot of TouchPads as announced via blog.
“Despite announcing an end to manufacturing webOS hardware, we have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand. We don’t know exactly when these units will be available or how many we’ll get, and we can’t promise we’ll have enough for everyone. We do know that it will be at least a few weeks before you can purchase.”
So all of you TouchPad enthusiasts out there keep a look out for the last batch of TouchPad being churned out by HP. We will also keep you updated in this regard.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksSeptember 26, 2011October 4, 2011September 11, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S