We had reported in June that Sony would be launching its pair of Android tablets S1 and S2 in September. The two tablets were first announced in April 2011. Now Sony has finally unveiled the two Android tablets renamed as S and P respectively. Both tablets will become available in Europe at end September.
Both tablets have rather distinctive designs. The S has a curved folded design for better grip. The Sony P on the other hand is a clamshell.
Sony S Specifications:
- Powered by 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor
- 9.4 -inch WXGA (1280×800 pixels) TFT color LCD
- Runs Android Honeycomb 3.1
- Has a weight of 598 grams
- 5 megapixel rear camera and 0.3 megapixel front camera
- Comes in 16 GB and 32GB models
- Infrared remote control functionality
- Features Play Station Suite
Sony P Specifications
- 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor
- 5.5 –inch Ultra Wide VGA dual screens. Both capable of working jointly or independently
- Weighs 0.82 pounds
- Runs Android Honeycomb 3.1
- Two 5MP and VGA cameras
- Comes with 4GB of internal memory
- Has an HSPA+ radio
- Features a full-sized SD card slot
Sony further adds:
“Sony Tablet” S and “Sony Tablet” P come installed with a wide range of preinstalled applications to let you enjoy video, music, games, eBooks and more. Both models provide instant access to Google™ mobile services and applications, including 3D maps and easy web search with Google Voice Search.
Social Feed Reader combines Facebook and Twitter into a single feed for easy and convenient viewing.
- Music Player lets you browse your music library, create dynamically themed playlists with SensMe™ channels, view cover art and visualisations and get related online content. Touch an icon on screen to ‘throw’ music wirelessly from “Sony Tablet” to enjoy on other DLNA networked devices like your hi-fi system.
- Video Player lets you browse and playback video content with a wide range of view modes, search scenes and ‘throw’ video to watch on other DLNA networked devices like your “BRAVIA” TV.
Both tablets will come as WiFi only or as WiFi/3G. The WiFi/3G models will ship with Android 3.2.
The price f Sony Tablet S will be $499 for the 16GB model $599 for the 32GB model. The Sony Tablet P will be launched in November without any details available about its price.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksAugust 26, 2011August 3, 2011August 17, 2011July 10, 2011August 21, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S