Now it seems like they have made a breakthrough and they might be quite close to the TouchPad being able to boot both on WebOS as well as Android. The news was shared with RootzWiki by the TouchDroid team:
“Hello Rootzwiki and All fans and Supporters:
Touchdroid is glad to bring you our first demo video. Sorry, For the long wait, We wanted to show you our full progress so far…..
-What is working as of now?
We have dual boot working as you can see in the video. It can boot both Android + webos. At the moment we are utilizing one kernel for both OS’s. This may change in the future. You may ask why? Simple answer is we don’t have units to spear to science. Many of the developers working on this, Do Not Have Units. And the Few that do once they brick we have to wait on HP to repair them. (which will only slow development)”
So good news for users who wish to keep running WebOS on their HP TouchPads as well as enjoy Android 2.3.x, looks like the developers are heading towards a solution. Just keep your fingers crossed and wait for the next news from the teams working on the project.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksSeptember 29, 2011June 2, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S