The iPhone 5 fever is on its high! What more could be an evidence of the fact than a carrier issuing reservation tickets for iPhone 5 preorders? Well that is just what is happening in Germany where the carrier Deutsche Telekom has started giving out “Premiere Tickets” on a first come first serve basis form today the 5th of September, 2011.
The news came via Bloomberg to whom the carrier directly confirmed this bit of information:
“Deutsche Telekom AG (DTE) will allow customers to reserve the next generation of Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s iPhone as of today in anticipation of supply bottlenecks for the device, spokesman Alexander von Schmettow said by phone.
The operator will hand out coupons to people who expressly request the successor model to the iPhone 4, without providing the name or release details of the device, he said.”
From the statement it seems that even the carrier itself is not aware of the exact details regarding iPhone 5’s release/launch date, the tickets are in fact a way to avoid long queues outside their stores and to devise a more convenient mechanism of product delivery.
iPhone 5 has been a subject of much rumors and speculations. A lot is being reported about its possibly thinner design and wider size as well as an accompanying budget iPhone 4. With nothing confirmed, the frenzy continues to rise and more and more rumors keep pouring in.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksJune 27, 2011August 13, 2011July 15, 2011June 9, 2011August 21, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S