Apple has released iTunes 10.5 beta 8 (Mac only) and iWork for iOS to developers for testing. The iTunes 10.5 update includes bug fixes and security improvements for iTunes Match beta. For example certain songs cannot be recognized as matches even if they are on iTunes store because of the fact that the “scan and match” service has not been made fully operational. These are being taken care of in this release.
According to the release notes:
iTunes 10.5 beta 8 includes several performance enhancements and bug fixes, and is a required update for all subscribers to iTunes Match beta.
Your iCloud libraries will be deleted at the end of this beta. Backup regularly and do not delete the music you add to iCloud from your computer. Apple may periodically delete all iCloud libraries during the beta period. This will require you to scan, match, and upload songs again. Also note that some of the features and optimizations of iTunes Match may not be available during this beta.
In order to subscribe to iTunes Match:
- First of all install iTunes 10.5 beta 8 on your Mac.
- Open iTunes and choose Turn On iTunes Match from the Store menu.
- Hit the Subscribe for $24.99 button and follow the instructions. Once complete, your Music library will include songs on your computer and in iCloud.
iWork for iOS beta 3 brings bug fixes too. Both iTunes 10.5 beta update and iWork have been seeded to provide support to iCloud, which is expected to be released along with iOS 5 in October.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksOctober 12, 2011June 29, 2011August 29, 2011August 16, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S