Facebook is very actively introducing new features for its users these days. It introduced enhancements to its privacy controls, then it rolled changes to its photo app. Now it has decided to update its rather archaic friends list by introducing Smart Lists which would automatically classify your friend into either of the three categories:
- Your co-workers (including previous co-workers as well)
- Your school-mates
- Friends living within 50 miles of you
Such categorization would no doubt make life a lot easier. Users with a long list of contacts will be able to search/ sift through their friends lists with much more convenience now.
With Google+ gaining momentum and popularity in a short span, Facebook has been forced to come up with engaging features in a row. Google+ Circles which are much more flexible and a hot feature with users seem to have been the motive behind introduction of Smart Lists. But what happens in case you want a classification other than the one being offered. Seems to me that this is just the beginning of a series of changes Facebook may be offering in future to make the friends lists flexible.
Let us know what is your take on these changes!
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksAugust 26, 2011July 10, 2011October 12, 2011September 23, 2011September 26, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S