Bringing Gingerbread 2.3.5 to HP TouchPad was a project that was being pursued by both TouchDroid Team and CyanogenMod Team. Last we reported that the TouchDroid Team had come up with a step-wise guide to install Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread on HP TouchPad. But the solution was an unstable one and did not support WiFi. It was also apparently stolen from the CyanogenMod Team and following the disclosure the TouchDroid Team was disbanded.
Now a new video has been released by the CyanogenMod Team they have been able to make further progress and CyanogenMod 7 which is based on Gingerbread brings WiFi, Touchscreen, Sound and Accelerometer on HP TouchPad.
“We weren’t really planning on regular updates re: our Android Touchpad port, but it turns out that people wanted more.
As you can see, several new features have been added and are in-progress. These include wifi, accelerometer, and work-in-progress sound. (This demo uses only a single core and the “mediaserver” program is using 50% of that, which it shouldn’t.)
For those who have queried as to why we are not creating a Honeycomb port using binaries from the Android SDK — we are focused on building from the Gingerbread source to pave the way for Google’s upcoming code release of Ice Cream Sandwich.”
This is a major step ahead in the project. But it is far from being fully functional or stable. However, we expect that the CyanogenMoad would end up providing us the right solution.
You May Also Like to Read:
- Install Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread on HP TouchPad [How-To Tutorial With Video]
- Learn How to Watch HD DVD Videos on HP TouchPad
- How to Watch Windows Media Videos on HP TouchPad
- How to Watch MTS Videos on HP TouchPad
- CyanogenMod Team Bringing Android to HP TouchPad
- HP to Produce One More Batch of TouchPads
- Dual-Boot Android Gingerbread and WebOS On HP TouchPad [Video]
- HP Discontinues WebOS-No Support for HP TouchPad!
- HP TouchPad to Get OTA update for Enhanced Functionality
- HP’s WebOS Based TouchPad Tablet Arriving on July 1
- HP Releases Videos of WebOS-based TouchPad Tablet
- HP TouchPad Gets First WebOS Update 3.0.2
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksJune 9, 2011September 1, 2011July 2, 2011August 21, 2011August 25, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S