If you are interested in rooting your Samsung Epic 4G Touch, just follow the steps listed below. First of all don’t forget to get your Epic backup redy before proceeding with root steps.
DISCLAIMER: Techowiz.com is not to be held responsible for any loss of data as a result of the malfunctioning of your Samsung Epic 4G Touch.
- Download epic4gtouchrootv1.zip
- Hold down Power + Volume Down buttons on your Epic 4G Touch simultaneously until you see a option screen. At this point, let go of both buttons and press the Volume Up button. Your phone is now in download mode.
- Connect your phone to a Windows PC through USB cable
- Download and install Samsung Kies
- Download Odin3 v1.85 Extract the .zip file using a suitable software and launch odin3 v1.85.exe. Click on PDA, then select SPH-D710_Zedomax_Kernel.tar from the .zip you extract in Step 1 and hit Start.
- Your Epic 4G will reboot, and you will find an app called SuperUser which means your device is successfully rooted
You can also follow the video tutorial below to root your Samsung Epic 4G Touch!
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksSeptember 29, 2011August 26, 2011June 4, 2011August 16, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S