F8 has been the venue for some unveiling really innovative and creative new Facebook features, the chief among them being Timeline.
Your old profile is now gone, replaced by real-time Timeline which captures who you are, what you have been doing and where you have been right from your birth to date!
Sounds amazing doesn’t it! What’s better is that you can activate your Timeline right at this moment by just following the simple walk-through guide below:
- Log into Facebook and enable developer mode by typing “developer” into the Facebook search box. Click the first result and add the app.
- Get into the developer app in your left-hand tool bar
- Create a new app (don’t worry — no one else can see it). Give a display name to your app and namespace. Agree to the Platform Privacy agreement. This is the step you need for verification.
- Ensure you’re in your new app’s main settings screen. Should be Your app’s name near the top of the page
- Now look for the “Open Graph” header, and click “Get Started using open graph” link.
- Now create a test action for your app, like “read” a “book”, or “row” a “boat”.
- This will take you to an action type configuration page. Change a few of the default settings (change the past tense of “row” to “rowed” — again, only you can see this unless you try and submit your application to the public directory), and click through all three pages of settings
- Click “Save and Finish” and wait for a few minutes9.
- Go back to your Facebook homescreen. An invite to try Timeline should be waiting at the top of the page
Here you go! Enjoy your Timeline!
You May Also Like to Read:
- How to Listen to Music on Facebook
- Find Out Who Has Unfriended You On The New Facebook Timeline [How To]
- Facebook Music Integration and Spotify Go Hand in Hand
- How To Enable Facebook Timeline?
- Facebook Users Grow to 800 Million
- Facebook Launches New Open Graph
- Facebook Introduces Timeline: The Story of Your Life [Video]
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksSeptember 21, 2011August 9, 2011September 29, 2011June 12, 2011October 26, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S