Coming live from Apple Let’s Talk iPhone event, CEO Tim Cook has just announced that Apple has so far sold six million copies of its latest Mac Operating system Lion which was released in July this year. These stats according to Tim Cook represent 80% better performance than Leopard.
Cook even compared Lion with Microsoft’s Windows 7 in terms of sales figures:
“For another metric, we measure adoption. If you look at Windows 7, it took them about 20 weeks to reach 10% of their base. It took Lion 2 weeks.”
Cook also said that Apple’s MacBook Pro and iMac are the number one selling notebooks in the USA.
“We are now approaching 60 million users. In US retail Macs are now selling in about 1/4 PCs in the store.”
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksOctober 12, 2011September 3, 2011July 23, 2011October 11, 2011October 2, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S