Windows 8 takes you away from traditional desktops menus, instead Microsoft introduces a new UI known as Metro whereby users access apps by touching tiles. The Tiles can also be grouped into various categories such as games, social networking etc.
So if you are an iPad owner and want to know what the Metro UI feels like, here is a simple guide by AppAdvice to let you try Windows 8 on iPad.
What you need:
- iPad 1/2
- Windows 8 Developer Preview on your computer
- Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad currently on sale for just $2.99 (at the time of writing), usual price being $19.99.
- Step 1: Install Windows 8 on your computer or virtual machine
- Step 2: Purchase and download Splashtop Remote Desktop for your iPad
- Step 3: Install the Splashtop Streamer companion app on your Windows 8 machine
- Step 4: Set up Splashtop Streamer on your computer/virtual machine and give it a password
- Step 5: Launch Splashtop Remote Desktop on your iPad.
- Step 6: Select your Windows 8 when it appears on the list and start enjoying Windows 8 on your iPad
You can also watch the following video for this guide:
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksOctober 12, 2011June 25, 2011November 1, 2011June 6, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S