Apple has released its Gold Master build of iOS 5 for developers along with the GM version of Xcode 4.2. This build is supposed to be the last release to developers before the final iOS is released for users. The Gold Master actually contains the code with which shipped to consumers. Hence at times developers who have this release are not even required to upgrade when he final OS goes live.
As was also the case with the Lion GM build, the iOS 5 GM should be available for download for developers only who have a developers account with Apple. Their UDID has to be in Apple’s database. But this time the iOS 5 GM is available for download to all irrespective of whether they have a developers account or not. We do not know if it’s a mistake or done on purpose but you can just go ahead to Apple’s Developer Site and install it right now!
What you will need is access to the IPSW file that goes with your device and iTunes 10.5 beta 7,8 9. For getting these you will first have to log into the Apple Developer account. Possibility is that Google may help you in the right direction.
In case you decide to go ahead with the download, it will be at your own risk. Please do remember that Apple can make your phone stop working in case you are not running the right kind of software.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksJune 6, 2011November 2, 2011September 16, 2011June 28, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S