The October 11 Google and Samsung joint event dubbed as Samsung Unpacked: Google Edition, has been postponed. Android Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung’s next flagship phone Nexus Prime were expected to be unveiled at the event.
Statement by Google and Samsung regarding the cancellation of the event says:
“Samsung and Google decide to postpone the new product announcement at CTIA Fall. We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced.”
No exact reason has been given for this postponement. May be Steve Jobs’ death prompted them to take the decision.
Full specs of Nexus Prime were only revealed yesterday and another video of Nexus Prime running Ice Cream Sandwich was also leaked earlier today. Considering the fact that Eric Schmidt had earlier said that Ice Cream Sandwich would be released by October/November. So we hope that the next date for the event would not be too far in future.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksOctober 9, 2011October 16, 2011July 10, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S