While the release of iOS is just around the corner, Apple is making final preparation by releasing other accompanying apps. First it released iTunes 10.5 final version, then the iCloud went live and now it has released the AirPort Utility app for iOS 5, which lets you manage AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express, and Time Capsule base stations.
“Use AirPort Utility to manage your Wi-Fi network and AirPort base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and TimeCapsule – right from your iPad, iPhone, ir iPod touch. See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network and devices. Change base station and network settings, or manage advanced features such as security modes, wireless channels, and more. AirPort Utility works with all Apple 802.11n Wi-Fi base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and Time Capsule.”
AirPort Utility helps you:
- See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network
- Get information about your connected Wi-Fi devices
- View and change network and Wi-Fi settings
- Restart or restore a base station, or update the firmware on a base station when available
- View or update passwords for your network, base stations or disks
- Easily access network information such as IP address, DNS servers, and router addresses
- Manage DHCP reservations and port mappings
- View status or error messages for your base stations
AirPort Utility is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and requires iOS 5 and it is a 4.5MB download.
The AirPort Utility app can be downloaded from iTunes store.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksAugust 29, 2011October 12, 2011September 26, 2011July 29, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S