A lot of people are facing issues while updating to iOS 5. The reason is the huge traffic at Apple’s site. The error occurs when iTunes tries to contact Apple’s servers to verify and activate the update process. But due to the heavy load the servers are able to respond to only half of theses requests.
As a result a 3200, or “internal error”, message pops up for those attempting to update their devices.
How to Fix Error 3200:
We have given a simple guide showing how to fix this internal error:
STEP 1: Download and install iTunes 10.5 and run it for 10 minutes and then close it.
STEP 2: Go to the following folder:
- Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\”UserName”\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
STEP 3: Now cut and paste the files there to a folder on your desktop. (WARNING: Do not delete them, just cut and paste)
STEP 4: Put your iPhone into DFU Mode
STEP 5: Now open iTunes and go with iOS 5 restore procedure.
UPDATE: There are reports that putting the device in DFU mode only is enough to fix the error.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksJune 19, 2011June 21, 2011July 29, 2011September 9, 2011July 10, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S