Apple has released the updated version 4.4.2 of Apple TV on Monday. Earlier Apple had released version 4.4 which added Photo Stream support, AirPlay mirroring, and NHL to Apple TV. The update had certain issues, which Apple tried to fix through version 4.4.1, which was released only a week later. But this update also had to be pulled back within a day and re-released so as to fix bugs.
Now the latest version 4.4.2 is also supposed to fix these bugs. There is also a support article which gives certain recommendations for upgrading to version 4.4.2:
“Apple TV devices with software version 4.4 and 4.4.1 have an issue with updating software to later versions. The recommended way to resolve this is by going to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings, prior to updating. If you apply the software update without resetting all settings first, the updater will reset the settings for you. Once the Apple TV has been reset, you can then successfully update to the latest software by going to Settings -> General -> Update Software.
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksSeptember 19, 2011October 9, 2011July 15, 2011October 4, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S