It was reported way back in July that Apple was working on a 15-inch Mac Book Pro/Air hybrid. It was indeed supposed to be a Mac Book pro with an ultra-thin design like the Mac Book Air.
Now according to the Japanese website Macotara Apple has finished testing the LCD component of the new machine and would soon move into its production. While Macotara has repote that it will be a Mac Book Air, it is believed that actually it will be the next generation Mac Book Pro.
The new line will however, come without the built-in optical disk drive according to the same source.
“Apple is considered to develop next generation of MacBook Pro which will not have built-in optical-disk drive, then this MBA 15′ test component seems to fill their new drive-less MB line-up.”
It was only last week that Apple quietly brought out 5 new Mac Book Pros with faster processors.
So it seems that we will be witnessing some major design overhaul of the Pro line in 2012!
Stay updated with news of your interest by joining Techowiz on Twitter or Facebook.
Techowiz also suggests you to read:
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksNovember 1, 2011October 6, 2011August 20, 2011August 12, 2011September 24, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S