Nokia world 2011 was not only about the introduction of new Windows phones Lumia 800 and Lumia 710, in fact Nokia used the occasion to showcase its futuristic prototype phones “Kinectic Devices.”
Nokia, which has shifted to Windows Phone operating system, is going slowly and cautiously with its upcoming Windows Phone handsets. Instead of launching the phones globally Nokia will first release them in a few select countries.
Nokia unveiled its Meego phone N9 back in June. Now Nokia has announced that it has started shipping N9. N9 offers a major shift away from traditional phones introducing the buttonless handset with an intuitive UI controlled by swipe gestures.
Good news for owner of Symbian^3 Nokia N8, Nokia E7, Nokia C7 and Nokia C6-01 that the Symbian Anna update is now available. They can upgrade their system either throught the Ovi software or through the software update option n these specified devices.
Stephen Elop, CEO of Nokia, has revealed Nokia’s first Windows Phone 7 smartphone named “Sea Ray” with specific instructions to the audience not to make any video recordings or images of the phone. But of course that did not deter the audience from capturing images/videos of the new device.
Join us on Facebook
Editors' PicksJune 28, 2011September 21, 2011August 27, 2011September 13, 2011August 7, 2011
- Nagarjuna on Google+ Traffic Falls by 60% – Losing Popularity? [Report]
- Sheely on How to Install CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM 7.1) Android 2.3.7 On Your Android Phone [Tutorial]
- Damon on Samsung Galaxy SII Finally Lands in the U.S. on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint for $199
- Rolando on Get your Google+ Invite now
- Techowiz on Apple Brings Voice Activated Siri Assistant Feature to iOS 5 Exclusive to iPhone 4S